Monday, July 31, 2006

Swimming

There was no one out at the pool so I decided to do laps. Kind of weird when it never gets deeper than 5 ft. and as shallow as 3 ft. But, I loved it.

Setting
7/31/2006, 4 pm, The Apartment.

Weather
Nice. Hot. But not too hot. It rained this morning so there was some breeze, and the water wasn't bathtub hot, like it can get.

Distance
I'm not sure, but I did 5 laps which is crossing the pool 10 times. The pool seems to be about 50 ft. in length, so that would mean I swam roughly 500 ft. (152 meters. I wanted to use my new conversion widget). I don't know if that's a lot. I'm sure it's not, but for someone who doesn't swim (I get in the pool, float a lot, and I might swim a total of 10 feet at any given pool venture) it felt like a lot.

How Am I Feeling
I felt really good after all was said and done, but it was tough during. I felt like I just sprint about half a mile. Really glad I swam instead, though.

Going Through My Head
Wow, this is harder than I though it'd be.

On the iPod

iPods don't go swimming.

Weights

Bench One set of about 13 at 100 lbs. just to warm up a little.

Incline 3 very quick sets of 10 at 100, 110, and 120 lbs.

Military Press 2 sets of 8 with 70 lbs.
1 set of 8 with 80 lbs.

Chest Pulls 3 sets of 12 starting at 70 lbs. and increasing 10 with each set. I did this pretty quick with little rest in between sets.

Curls I did 25 on each arm with light dumbbells, rapidly.

I don't know what to call them but you put weight in one hand and lean the other way to work love handles 1 set of 10 with 70 lbs
2 sets of 10 with 90 lbs.

On the iPod

I did work out with the tunes. They were:

Coldplay Green Eyes
Ryan Adams World War 24
Badly Drawn Boy Body Rap
Beastie Boys Song For Junior
The Beatles Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
The Beatles Your Mother Should Know
Old 97s Adelaide
R.E.M. Kohoutek
Jake Andrews You've Got to Know
The Shins Sphagnum Esplanade
Sufjan Stevens The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger sarahdawn said...

Hadn't checked in here in a while. Glad to see you're still working out. Now that Viv is almost 4 months old and the "big kids" start pre-school in a few weeks I'll be hitting the streets again myself. I even bought some new shoes (I'm partial to Asics). I'll just be walking though - having babies does bad things to a jogger's body - maybe once I've lost some of this I'll pick up the pace but until then I'll stick with the brisk, stroller pushing walk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home