Monday, July 10, 2006

South Padre Island

The last week I've been in South Padre Island. Okay, actually I got back on Saturday. Anyway, while I was there I was surrounded by Amanda's uber healthy and active family. I was encouraged by their commitment to physical fitness before and it happened again. Sure enough everyday I participated in some sort of activity. Amanda and I found a place to play tennis, and we also ran a couple of the days. One day I did both. Then there was the day that Amanda's sisters, her dad and Brandon, her brother-in-law and I all went on a bike ride. For the others it was just another day of riding. They'd done it all week, and I'm assuming they ride a lot. I know her dad does. But I don't. It was a lot fun. Very difficult on the way back as it was pretty windy and going against the wind can be outright brutle. Plus the humidity which is considerably worse than Houston/Baytown did make for a difficult time when trying to catch one's breath. It was still a lot better than running. The heat and humidity in SPI made running near impossible after 9 am.

Anyway, that's what I've been doing. Today I'm going to run. Later.*

*Here's the account of today's run

Setting
7/10/2006, 4 pm, The Apartment.

Distance
1.1 mile

Weather
It's not too bad. It's hot and humid but much better than SPI

Run Time
10

How Am I Feeling
At first I felt great but then my legs started getting really sore. I'm wondering if it had something to do with excersises that I did over the week that I wasn't used to. I also wasn't very hydrated. I'm heard that lack of water can give you cramps in your legs.

Going Through My Head
How hot it is.

On the iPod

The Bens Bruised
Voices Me
The Earlies Bring it Back Again
Ben Folds Tiny Dancer

Weights

No weights today. I need to get back on that. It's been awhile.


Notes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home