Monday, May 15, 2006

Breezy

This is the third time I ran since the last post. Sometimes I just don't get around to posting. I also ran on Wednesday evening and Friday morning before leaving for Dallas. Both were just a mile around the apartment. On Friday I also went a forth lap around (three laps is 1.1 miles) but I walked about a quarter of the way and sprinted the rest.

Setting
5/15/2006, 5:30 pm, the Apartment Complex

Distance
1.1 miles. I know this is getting ridiculous, but I get bored and want to stop running on that reason alone. I really need to venture out of the complex. The problem is that to go anywhere decent to run I would have to get into my car and drive somewhere. Why won't Baytown just create a running friendly environment in the most densely populated area of town?

Weather
Nice weather. It was cool because it rained yesterday and since it's still Spring that didn't mean the kiss of death by humidity. It was really nice. Breezy.

Run Time
11:00 ish Again, based on song time. I was going slow today. I could feel it.

How Am I Feeling
Considerably less soreness. I am much more tired though. I attribute this to the fact that I only got 2 and a half hours sleep last night. Mad thanks to the Priesthood for the great tip about stretching after the run. I think we all pretty much know that we should stretch before we run, but stretching afterward didn't occur to me.

Going Through My Head
I'm having trouble remembering. I'm typing this a couple of hours after I ran. I usually try to write immediately after I run so this doesn't happen. I remember thinking of sex and getting a haircut. I'm sure it was more than that. I also thought about who I wanted to design my set next year for Wait Until Dark. I also considered filming my running and turning it into a Video Podcast. Anyone wanting to help me buy a camera feel free to donate money to the fund.

On the iPod

Mr. Ambulance Driverby the Flaming Lips (short warm up then I was off.)
Nothing Better by the Postal Service
Midland by San Saba County
Visions of Angels Genesis
Everyone Needs an Editor Mates of State (Walking cool down)

At this point I decided to hit the weights. I worked my arms and upper-body. Nothing too much. Just enough to scare my muscles back into action.
Square One by Coldplay
My Enemies Are Men Like Me by Derek Webb
Just Pretend The Bens

Notes

My birthday present from my parents was some running clothes. Now that I have the full costume maybe this will come more naturally. I know it seems stupid, but things have always been easier for me if I can picture myself in the role. I was always the rare teenager that would have probably loved school uniforms. Secretly, of course.

After the run I came home to dinner that Amanda had made. Ham, green beans and new potatoes. No butter or anything on the veggies with some Razpotle Sauce on the Ham made this a great meal with little fat. Christine, a friend from college and Amanda's sister, made some wonderful blackbean squash soup this weekend while we were in Dallas that she said was very low fat. It was also very filling and very good. I'm going to need that recipe, Christine. Yes, even after what happened to it later. It was yummy both times.

2 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Why won't Baytown just create a running friendly environment in the most densely populated area of town?

Because then people wouldn't drive their cars, and who is one of the largest employers in Baytown? ExxonMobil. What do they want you to do? Drive your car.

I had a similar experience when I was there at Christmas. I got my haircut at SportsClips on Garth. I was meeting Kari was picking me up later, but I finished early and had forgotten my cell phone. I decided to walk down Garth to meet her as she came down Garth. I ended up walking about to the CVS past Baker. It was quite an experience because parts of Garth have no sidewalk and no shoulder. Inexplicable.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I just found out about this cool new partnership between Apple and Nike. It seems that they want you to continue your quest of running and will give you more tools to do so for $29. It sounds like a cool package. Almost cool enough for me to give it a try.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home