Monday, June 19, 2006

Humidity

Setting
6/19/2006, 12:30 pm, the Apartment Complex

Distance
1.1 miles. Maybe I'm just not a long distance guy

Weather
A little cool because of overcast, but unbelievably humid. It's flooding in Houston.

Run Time
?:00 I was going slow today, but my iPod cut out before I made the second lap, so I'm going to say 12, maybe

How Am I Feeling
Not very sore. My right knee has been feeling wobbly lately. I don't know how else to describe it. When I was in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago I seemed to catch some nasty sinus and cold crap that I've been having difficulty shaking off. It's become more difficult to breathe in due to sinus congestion.

Going Through My Head
I haven't done this yet, but I'm planning to write a scathing opinion peice on the War in Iraq. I was thinking about this.

On the iPod

Before the batteries went dead (not in this order):
Happiness Runsby Donavan
Uncloudy Day by Jeanne Pruett
Something by Sufjan Stevens that I can't remember because it was all instrumental and wierd
The Seed 2.0 by The Roots


Weights

Bench: 1 set of 10 @90 lb
3 sets of 10 @ 100 lb

Bicep Curls: I did what I always heard called a burn out where you start with small amounts of weight doing 10 repititions and increasing weight by 2.5 lbs. in quick succession. When you get up to a point that you can't lift anymore you decrease weight back to the original weight. By the end you are struggling to lift a 5 lb weight.

Triceps Curls: 4 sets of 15 @ 60 lbs

Lunges: Holding two 35 lb weights, 3 sets of 10 (this is the most difficult thing I do, but without a leg press, this is the best alternative, I think

Notes

The humidity, as I mentioned earlier makes it difficult to run much outside. I should probably do all this at like 8 am. That hasn't happened yet. I've also started counting point, Weight Watcher style of what I eat. If I were going to guess I'd say I was probably taking in around 50 points a day or more. I'm trying to get that to about 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home