Friday, March 03, 2006

New Kicks

Got me some new run-fasters (props to E in the North Country, T-town).

I went to Luke's Locker in Houston to get them and by the time I got home there wasn't any time to run before rehearsal.

Lukes is this really great running store that fits you with just the right shoe to for your foot type and level. The guy who helped me said that the shoes I got should help with some of the pain that I've been having in my joint because I was over pronating

Okay, it's time for school: "Over-pronation, or flat feet, is a common biomechanical problem that occurs in the walking process when a person's arch collapses upon weight bearing. This motion can cause extreme stress or inflammation on the plantar fascia, potentially causing severe discomfort and leading to other foot problems." Definition and photo courtesy of Foot.com.

You can learn more about it by clicking here

Actually, everyone pronates. People with high-arches under-pronate. I have increadibly flat feet, so I got some shoes that will hopefully fix that. You, of course, will hear about it.

3 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Man, I've never been much into running, and despite Kari's best attempts, I don't know if I ever will be. For me, cycling is where it's at. I'm really jonesing for the warm whether so I can get back on my bike. When we had our gym membership, I loved using the machines in the winter (especially the elipticals), but now I'm primarily stuck to working out with Yoga video podcasts or other exercise vodcasts.

Speaking of podcasts, if you want some new jogging music, I just found a podcast that's just for workout music called PODRUNNER. I have never heard an episode, so I can't vouch for it, but you might want to try it out.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

Kyle, I don't think you're fat. But even if you were the most bloated dude alive, I would still support you in this noble endeavor of running.

Remember, you could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to...

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

Thanks, Deana. Run, Slightly Overweight Guy, Run! didn't have the same ring. But thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home