Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Alpha Run

Setting
3/1/2006, 5:30 pm, the Apartment Complex

Distance
2.2 miles
Three times around the apartments is 1.1 miles and I went 6 today

Whether
Beautiful, not a cloud in the sky. High 60s. Perfect day to kick this thing off.

Run Time
22:56 This time is based on the music I played and the times of the individual songs (see below) This could be off and I actually think that I started about half way into Mockingbird.

How Am I Feeling
My lower back and right hip are hurting a little, just like I was afraid of happing. It could just be residual soreness from the 10 K on Saturday. My right knee is also a little sore as I take my last lap. That may be because I'm pounding too hard.

No short breath. I feel good except for the little aches and pains which I hope go away as I drop weight.

Going Through My Head
Starting this blog

On the iPod A device which allows me to tolerate running
On Shuffle:
Mockingbird, Derek Webb: Stretching and the start
Frustrated Cowboy, El Gato
Know Your Onion, The Shins
Take, Take, Take, The White Stripes
Powerless (Say What You Want) Nelly Furtato
The Dark is Rising, Mercury Rev (I love this song, but it's a crappy song to run to)
Looking for Someone, Genesis: warming down

Fun Running Fact
The Marathon's distance of 26.2 miles is only set as the official distance in 1921 by the International Amatuer Athletics Federation. Before it was set at the present distance a Marathon was any long distance race. Most were between 25 and 30 miles long, so long as everyone ran the same distance. This distance was selected because the starting line at the 1908 Olympics in London was moved back so the Royal Family could see the race. The distance was changed a couple of times after that but this distance was finally agreed upon for some reason.

Two Miles Tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home